Tetra/Danio/Kuhli Loach EGGS??? cotton ball-esque...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mgkaelen

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys.
as i was checking my filter today to respond to someone ELSE's post, i noticed something in my fish tank! probably about half the size of a cotton ball, and more transparent, but really "cloud-like" was attached to one of my plastic plants. it was just swaying around in the open...

now i KNOW there is no way that i brought that into the tank. it looks like if it WAS any sort of eggs, they're not going to last becuase i think the cloud pouch has broken open...

but WHAT is it??? and What should i do with it ? i can't see completely inside of it, and it looks like if there was/is anything inside it, it's at the bottom of the pouch...

also, WHERE did it come from? i have 3 danios, 10 tetras, and 4 small kuhli loaches?

WEIRD!
i know nothing about eggs/breeding because i didn't think i would come in contact with any of that...

but could it just be DEBRIS? i know it wasn't like.. stuck to my hand and when i put my hand in to turkey baste feed my frog it was released... does ANYONE know what i'm describing? i'll try to get a picture of it later today... ?!$

THANKS GUYS!

Pic would be helpful, but I'm pretty stumped. Most fish don't create egg sacks to contain their whole brood. Sounds more like an insect pupa or something... Don't know if that's possible! Check around your tank for insects (YUCK!).

And you might want to remove it from the tank... perhaps place it in a smaller container for the meanwhile.

True, all those fish are egg scatterers. But I think frogs lay eggs in jelly sacs.

INSECTS?!

INSECTS!$*&!(* AHHH! here is a picture that i just took from my camera phone!! it's not so great, but it's the best i can do for now... what the hell is it ?! .. obviously it's the WHITE blob on my plant..ha!

Probably not eggs of any kind as far as I can tell from the picture, at least not from the fish you describe or the frog. Any way you could get a LITTLE closer shot?? It almost looks like a fungus growing on some decomposing food.

Back
Top Bottom