Tetra Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moncakat

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of my neon tetras is "breathing" very heavily. He is quite big, Probably an inch and a half, and he just keeps gasping... But my other two seem fine. Why is he so "out of breath"? Here's a picture: ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391659418.247051.jpg

My other issue is with my blushing skirted tetra (blushing hifin tetra; blushing white skirt tetra... Whatever you want to call it). He/she has these weird little yellowish dots inside of it. At first I thought it was just food but food wouldn't just stay there for weeks even after he has pooped many times. Are they eggs?! They are the only one that I have in my tank so they couldn't have gotten pregnant. What's up with it?! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391659755.116688.jpg

Well fed, healthy egg laying females can form and hold eggs for a long time before spawning. Sure looks like eggs to me. So congrats on healthy fish. Neons breathing fast happen to me often too. Then they are just fine. Maybe out of breath from playing. Hard to tell why sometimes. lol. OS.

Well fed, healthy egg laying females can form and hold eggs for a long time before spawning. Sure looks like eggs to me. So congrats on healthy fish. Neons breathing fast happen to me often too. Then they are just fine. Maybe out of breath from playing. Hard to tell why sometimes. lol. OS.

Well, I'm very glad to hear that they're healthy! Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom