tetra question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenny H.

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a blood heart tetra that i'm concerned about. It's always by the filter intake. she may venture away from it for a few seconds but she always goes right back and stays in the corner right by it. ( call it she because her name is dory). I can't seem to find anything online stating that tetras like currents and I'm wondering if this is common. I'm in the process of cycling my tank fish in because of some really bad advice I got at Jack's Aquarium where I live. I have a scarlett tetra and a zebra that are doing well though.

Do you just have one bleeding heart tetra? Tetras like to be kept in groups and in fact it's important to the well being of the fish.

I have 2. The other tetra seems fine. it will go over every once in a while and hang out beside the other one but then go swim around.

I would say just give him a chance, maybe he is scarred. As long as he looks healthy, you are testing for Ammonia and Nitrites and keeping the levels down by doing water changes he should be fine.

Jenny H. said:
I have 2. The other tetra seems fine. it will go over every once in a while and hang out beside the other one but then go swim around.

You could try getting more for the school. Like 5-6 for a school. It might bring the shyness out.

Back
Top Bottom