Tetra safestart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All fine so far...

Amm-0ppm
trite-.25ppm
trate-5ppm.

I must add-I conducted a 50% water change after the readings and re-tested and got exactly the same results.

All fish seem fine and I have moved infant floating tank with baby corys into tank now also.

Same readings today-my biolife filter has also started cavitating-which is a pain as the tank is in my bedroom and its' quite noisy!

Good news in the old tank though...Frog eggs!!!

Hmm...after a 50% pwc I'd have expected nitrites to go down. Are you still using the safestart or have you stopped adding it? How long has the tank been cycling now? Just refresh me poor memory! :)

Nearly 2 weeks now,stopped using afet second bottle at ten quid a throw-last Saturday.Water changes with just de-cholo now.

Have not done a water change tonight.Will test tomorrow pm and test and change accordingly.

Increased the bioload the day before yesterday and moved all my fish into the tank.

Load is as follows.

4 bronze corries
4 peppered corries
4 syndontis petricola
2 clown loaches
1 male/3 female guppies
1 male/2 female mollies
6 cardinal/4 neon tetras
1 peacock eel
1 L-18 golden nugget
floating infant tank with 6 corrie fry

Params as of this morning were Ammonia 0ppm Nitrite 0-0.25ppm Nitrite 5ppm PH7 temp 76F running on a Hagen biolife and a fluval-one.

All occupants seem happy,the clown loaches alter between schooling with the corries and the petricolas,guppies and mollies all acting as usual.Tetras all displaying full colour and schooling and Brian the L-18 has claimed the cave for himself,sometimes allowing the petricolas in also.
Corrie fry growing fast and I reckon they will be safe out of the infant tank in a couple of days.Will try and get a pic uploaded once I find the camera software.

All in all I'd say Tetra safestart works to supplement and escalate the normal cycle but I would not trust it to take care of everything and negate the need for daily PWCs.

I agree with Justin, if you are using test strips instead of a liquid reagent test kit, they are notoriously inaccurate.

Back
Top Bottom