tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryan

Aquarium Advice Freak
is my tetra going to lay eggs its a neon tetra that i got and it is fatter then all the others and it isnt sick is it pregnant? if so when will it lay eggs ?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=breeding+tetras

Tetras are egg layers, but the eggs are not fertilized until after they are laid. Not too long after eggs are laid and fertilized (assuming you have a male to fertilize them), the parents will take interest in eating thier own eggs. It takes quite a bit of pre-planning to get those eggs to surive and grow into healthy babies.

Could you post a picture of the fish? How is it behaving? Do the scales look healthy? Sometimes plumpness is a sign of illness, sometimes it's pregnancy, sometimes it's just a fat fish.

everytrhing on the fish is fine. it is behaving like the rest. there is about 2 fish like this they are both female.

As long as it's behaving fine, and doesn't seem encumbered by it's size, I wouldn't worry about a bit of chubbiness.

my female neon tetra was swimming around then i noticed that a bunch of whitish clear specs fell from her are these eggs?

Back
Top Bottom