Tetras and Angel question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In my 55 gallon tank, I currently only have 5 peppered cory cats and 5 Australian rainbow-fish. I like the rainbows... But the largest, most dominant (male) fish is quite the bully and I am afraid it is going to be a problem when I eventually move a pair of Angelfish over. I know a local pet store that would be more than happy to take them off of my hands since they are such a nice size and color, so thats not a problem.

I am thinking about going with Colombian Tetras... Ive never had them before and I hear they are quite beautiful when they are fully grown. Bonuses seem to include the fact that they dont get all that big, but are too large bodied for the angels to eat, and that they are pretty peaceful.

Ive really wanted Serpae tetra, but Ive been hearing mixed results with the angelfish. Ive been told no way, ive been told go ahead, and Ive been told that as long as I keep them in the school of 10 than I plan on getting, they should be fine.

Which would go better, in a planted tank with driftwood and plenty of places to hide, with two Black Veil-Tailed Angelfish?

Either which way....

5 cory cats
2 bristlenose
2 angelfish
10 columbian /or serpae tetra

Back
Top Bottom