Tetras swimming like swans...!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, mine swim under the water, not on top like swans.

I couldn't resist, I don't know what swans swim like but mine are always making almost 45 degree movements in short bursts, almost never straight lines for very long.
How exactly do yours swim?

yea, most, if not all tetras swim like that. My golden and Von Rio's take sharp turns and short bursts of speed.

Hi all. I just bought 4 neon tetra's last night. Ive been watching them this morning and I don't know if they are playing or trying to eat eachothers fins.. lol.. I've looked closely at their fins and do not see any rips or bite marks but it sure does look like they are trying to eat eachother.. Anyone noticed this kind of behavior before?

Hi all. I just bought 4 neon tetra's last night. Ive been watching them this morning and I don't know if they are playing or trying to eat eachothers fins.. lol.. I've looked closely at their fins and do not see any rips or bite marks but it sure does look like they are trying to eat eachother.. Anyone noticed this kind of behavior before?
They're probably just playing. Or selecting hierarchy in the new territory maybe?

It's typical. They are establishin' a pecking order within the school. It will be more prominent in smaller groups than larger groups. To prevent any one fish from gettin' harassed too much, I suggest increasing the school size to at least six, but IME nine to twelve seems to be the best minimum school size for tetras.

WYite

Back
Top Bottom