Texas Holey Rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nigoodman

Aquarium Advice Activist
So for my birthday today my little sister was kind enough to give me this awesome texas holey rock as a gift. However I know it effects ph an mine is about 7.5 at this point. In the future I'm looking to get two GBRs for my tank and as of now i have:
Two DGs
5 rummy nose tetras
3 zebra danios
And 6 bandit corys

Is this safe to put in my tank or is it not worth messing with my chemistry?

image-3332417481.jpg

I can tell you from experience that depending on the size of the tank it's going in it will definitely raise the gh/kh/ and ph of the tank. The rams, tetra's, and cory's won't like it but could probably acclimate. Personally I think they are cool rocks but I wouldn't add them to a tank with that stock. JMO

I can tell you from experience that depending on the size of the tank it's going in it will definitely raise the gh/kh/ and ph of the tank. The rams, tetra's, and cory's won't like it but could probably acclimate. Personally I think they are cool rocks but I wouldn't add them to a tank with that stock. JMO

I agree I had some limestone in my tank ended removing it, you should try lava rocks they. Don't affect ph or water hardness. Plus they look great.

I believe if you read the tag you will find that is artificial Holey Rock made from a resin that is safe for freshwater aquariums and will not affect your ph. I have some of this in my tank and my ph is7.6.(y)

Back
Top Bottom