Thank you! I think I'm done (for the moment)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coyotesweat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I moved the remaining 5 rosey red minnows back outside to the container garden.

The finished 29 gal tank now contains:

1 (still small) male Boesmani Rainbowfish
2 male Praecox Dwarf Rainbows
2 female Praecox Dwarf Rainbows
9 tiny neons
2 small emerald corys
1 algae eater
1 male dwarf Gourami (the blue with orange stripes kind)

All fish came from trusted LFS that keeps them in local tap water (they don't mess with the ph if possible, except perhaps with some of the touchier cichlids, which I'm not gonna have anyways) so they're all handling the water fine.

several small java ferns
some unknown bunch plants that were living outside in container garden and are doing fine
several bunches of hornwort
Some kind of aquarium grass (not supposed to be low light but doing ok anyways).

The Rainbows swim mostly in the top half, the neons prefer the bottom third, the coreys and algae eater like the sides & floor, and the Gourami just tools around everywhere.

Rocks, little shack and my signature Coyote statue. Background is black plastic garbage bag (looks better than it sounds).

Have power filter in there with sponge media, temp is holding at 76 with heater. Doing 20% water change weekly, no ammonia, fish all very greedy.

I'm very pleased: shimmery shiny fish wherever you look! When I borrow a camera, I'll take some pics and post 'em.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Coyotesweat
:D :

Back
Top Bottom