Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-28-2004, 11:05 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thankful for AA

I would just like to say how I appreciate everyone that helps eachother out on this website.

I had gone to another forum that specialized in cichlids and had asked a question pretaining a stock question for a future tank I am getting. 3 days later, 40 views and no responses! It was a question about a specific species not just a "hey wat would fit in this tank?" type question.

I scrolled down the page, it seemed that people werent helping more of the newbie questions. Very dissapointing. So Id like to say that AA has to be one of the better forums on the web bc people here are willing to help the beginner and help other people with stock suggestions now matter how many times post them on here.

Old 12-28-2004, 11:12 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to PK Tester Send a message via MSN to PK Tester Send a message via Yahoo to PK Tester
Yes! Thanks to everyone
Old 12-28-2004, 11:13 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ditto... Kudo's to those who make this site possible and the fanatical fishfreaks who freakquent it

ChileRelleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:33 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Don't forget the reefers who run it
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:29 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

I'm thankful too. I;ve learned everything I need to know in AA.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:50 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

I've found the best way to show these folks they're appreciated is by donating cash in whatever amount you can afford. That's been a soapbox speech of mine for some time now , so I hope you don't get offended.

Even a bunch of small donations can help them maintain this site well.

Anyway, I totally agree with your assesment of the folks at this site. It's just that I've never been to another to compare it to. This was my first and I got stuck.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:37 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
I love this place. I have visited other forums, but there isnt the big family feeling anywhere else. Everyone has been extremly helpful to me here as I venture into the salty world of SW fishkeeping.

Plus, (correct me if I am wrong) But I think we have the largest members Photo Gallery on the net. And I do love great photos.

Aquarium Advice rocks!!!
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:47 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

"We are family...get up everybody and sing"!

The best of the best!

Old 12-29-2004, 05:26 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yep lets all hear it for Aquaruim Advice!!!!!

Old 12-30-2004, 12:30 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to gheitman Send a message via Yahoo to gheitman
I've only been visiting the website a short while but I have already found it very helpful. Suggestions made by members have changed the way I do a number of things.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:39 AM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Im a little late to this post but I want to thank you the members for upholding the goals we setup when we started. We feel its important to never forget the beginners. After all we all where beginners at one point and it does our hobby a disfavor to ignore or put down those just starting out.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:00 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
and ignoring and putting down is sadly, what you find quite often on forums of all types.

Thats what really sets this place apart from all of the others.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com