Thanks for the help.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

palerider

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thanks for the help with my new aquarium setup ( filter questions and tank setup and cycling ) Here are the 3 imported 6" to 7" Japanese KOI I took from my pond, so I could keep them at 70 degrees to allow them to grow during the winter.

Red - White ( Nidan Kohaku )
Black - Orange (Ki Utsurii )
Yellow ( Doitsu Yamabuki Ogon )

Palerider

Attachments

• koiinnewhome_163.jpg
    koiinnewhome_163.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 27
How much did your yellow koi cost? I love the yellow kois at my lfs, their scales are pretty radical.

Heads up

jbarr said:
How much did your yellow koi cost? I love the yellow kois at my lfs, their scales are pretty radical.

These KOI are straight out of japan ( 50$ a pop 5" to 6" )... Most LFS have domestic koi that where breed in the USA ( The USA is catching up, but japan is number one for this type of fish ) Where do you live and I could get some info for you on a koi farm near you....

They look pretty awesome. What size tank do you have them in right now? What size is your pond? If they are going to be 15" in 2 years you must have a large pond.

It looks to me like the Doitsu has scales, making it not a true doitsu. Or am i just seeing things?

Very nice markings. THe kohaku looks to be very high quality. I miss my japanese koi :(

He was a kujaku:
img_734250_0_8f155f789b8a9425891cbd589ac7409f.jpg

Zagz said:
They look pretty awesome. What size tank do you have them in right now? What size is your pond? If they are going to be 15" in 2 years you must have a large pond.

Zagz:
The ( 3 koi ) are in a 55 Gallon right now.. My pond is 3,000 gallons.. I leave the main herd in there over the winter ( fish range from 12" to 17" in the pond )

Watergarden:
Your right it's not Doitsu.. It's Yamabuki Ogon.. My bad ;) What happen to your Koi ?

Attachments

• pondpic_130.jpg
    pondpic_130.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 26
palerider said:
Watergarden:
Your right it's not Doitsu.. It's Yamabuki Ogon.. My bad ;) What happen to your Koi ?

lol, watergarden eh, i like it, who is that? LOL
BTW, its waterpond

My koi died misteriously. My water turned bright red and he just died along with 7 other fish. Miss him alot.

BTW, i dont think it is a yamabuki either, hmm, looks more like a hikarimoyo. Is it ALL yellow? or does it have markings. because:
ogon means solid coloured
and yamabuki means yellow

Hmm, i live all the different varieties. You may have a cross bred koi.

you have to speak japanese to join this party?

Yamaha Toyota Godzilla Geisha?

lol sweet koi anyways :D

WaterPond said:
palerider said:
Watergarden:

BTW, i dont think it is a yamabuki either, hmm, looks more like a hikarimoyo.

Hmm, i live all the different varieties. You may have a cross bred koi.

It's all yellow with scales " yamabuki " and I don't believe it's a "hikarimoyo" Hikarimoyo: These are metallic koi of two or more colors other than Hikari Utsuri. Sorry to hear about your fish....

I love looking at peoples ponds. I'd love to do one here but I'm sure the osprey and egrets would outsmart me and get through any type of cover I tried to use over it - and it would be buh-bye fish !

joannde said:
I love looking at peoples ponds. I'd love to do one here but I'm sure the osprey and egrets would outsmart me and get through any type of cover I tried to use over it - and it would be buh-bye fish !

I'm on a koi forum koiphen.com or koishack.com.. Tons of people by you that have some breathe taking ponds.. They fight those birds you mentioned and win the battle with fake allegators, fake herons, nets and so on.. Go to those links and become a member and look around, some pretty amazing stuff out there in koi land...

Check this one out he's right next store to you by clearwater FL

http://koiphen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51738

Back
Top Bottom