The 2 gallon with 2 goldfish, and a new 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regen311

Aquarium Advice Freak
This morning, I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep. I was on here reading through some posts, and saw a mention of Craigs list. I had seen them before, and had been on there before and not found much. On a whim, I went there and searched for aquariums near Toledo, Ohio. Turns out yesterday someone had posted a 55 gallon with a stand, a hood, lights, a filter and cartriges for 50 dollars!!!!!!!!!!! I couldnt' believe it! I emailed the guy, and 2 hours later he called and said he still had it. So I drove to get it, got it all set up, am actually using the same filter from my 30 gallon (It was the penguin 350, so it's big enough) and my old gravel, and it's all set up with my fish in it!

I had posted a few weeks ago about my friend with the 2 goldfish in the 2. 5gallon tank. Well, now that I have this one, I'll be able to give him my 30 gallon (still probably not big enough, but better th an 2.5 gallons). So I'm just so excited at how it's working out. He'll have a tank for his fish, and I got the tank of my dreams! (I've been wanting a 55 gallon, but couldn't afford it)

Just wanted to share my good furtune with you guys :) I'm so excited to have found this tank for so cheap! No leaks, no cracks, no problems at all.[/i]

Congrats and good luck with the new tank. Read our articles section for info on how to do fishless cycling.

Great deal!!

I know how you feel, it's a lot of fun getting a new tank going. What a price too! The filter is worth that much.

Time to visit craigs list I guess.

As far as cycling goes, I'm using all the old rocks from the 30 gallon, and I"m actually using my old filter instead of the filter that came with it. So the cycling shouldn't be a problem :) Thanks for the warning about cycling though. It's very important to do :) Here are some pictures, by the way. I'm still in college, so don't really have a whole lot of money to afford fancy decorations and things, but I've done the best I can :) It's not anything near as beautiful as the tanks I've seen on here, but I thought I'd share anyway.

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h165/taiyeddreamland/my fish/?action=view&current=DSCN1290.jpg

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h165/taiyeddreamland/my fish/?action=view&current=DSCN1295.jpg

I'm also not that great at photographing fish with a digital camera. It's hard! I've got the air bubles all over everything, but that should go away after a day or so I think.

Toledo eh?

Glad you found a nice tank. Let us know how it goes.

Pssssssssssst............we have a freshwater club now.....

Burks said:
Toledo eh?

Glad you found a nice tank. Let us know how it goes.

Pssssssssssst............check out my sig.

I'm AndeaCH on the toledo reef society boards :)

Burks said:
Oh cool!

We expect pictures on the board. ;)

I'l get to that right now! I have to admit I'm slightly intimidated. I've been at this for 3 years, but still am not quite as good at setting up aquariums as a lot of people. It gets expensive! I'm working on it though :)

plecoperson said:
A very exciting find, and I think it looks great. Better put a background on there, though :)

I'm working on that as well. I just placed an order with bigalsonline, so I don't want to place another one for just that. And I'm trying to decide what I want. I want a solid color I think, so either blue or black something.

So, I left about 2 inches of water in the gravel that's left in my old tank, because I figued my friend who's taking the tank in a few days might want it to help him cycle it so it can handle his fish. And I went back to look for a snail I had, and i found 3 little babies swimming around :) I'm sure they're just platies, which I know are very easy to breed, but I'm still excited. I have room now for them, so I'm going to try to save them. I'm just floating a tupperware container with some gravel int he bottom on the top of tank so the temperature will at least be constant, and I put the snail in with them too to hopefully eat up any food that they don't eat (it's hard not to overfeed 3 babies). So we'll see how it goes :) I've had mollies and guppies before, both just as easy to breed, but it's still fun, just as long as they don't overwhelm the tank (which I don't think they will in the comunity tank, I'm sure the betta and barbs and everything else will take care of that...)

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h165/taiyeddreamland/my fish/?action=view&current=DSCN0007.jpg

you could just go get a bottle of acrylic paint and paint the back of the tank the color of your choice. I did that to all my tanks, and love the way it looks on each one.

I don't have room to get back behind it anymore! Maybe this summer I'll do that. I'll have to move the tank then anyway (moving to a new apartment). Thanks for the advice!

Yea, it took planning, and a massive water change to do mine. I did it this past weekend, looks great.

Back
Top Bottom