The (Almost) Complete Guide to Fresh Food for Fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,
Post below about what foods your fish have tried and liked! Nothing processed! Feel free to post recipes too. We all like photos! Try to list what fish ate it also.

I'll start with what I've tried-

Kiwi- Rummynose tetras and cories were big fans!
Carrot(shredded)- all my fish loved this treat!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

i tried a tomato fish that liked it were neons and a molly and a platy and corys
fish that did not like pleco and a gourami

tryed peas they like them all fish
and carrots loved them even my goldies in another tank lol

Peas- mollies, fry, cories, guppies CAE, harlequins, danios, betta, gourami

Raspberries- same as above minus the CAE

To make the raspberries I put them in the microwave with water for 45sec and then shoved half of it in a straw, and waved it around in the tank till all the little pieces on the outside fell off and then did the half that was inside the straw.
Edit:

Zucchini- CAE, guppies and cories were all slightly interested but not all that much

Fishobsessed7

Slices of zucchini! Fish that loved it: Loaches- clowns, yoyos, angelicus, dwarfs, kuhlis, sinibotia- and plecos! (Ok, that's prettymuch everything that was in the tank I tried this in.)

Pumpkin and carrot! I have cories, guppies, GBR, nerites, and rummies- they all love it

My goldies love their fruits and veggies!! Some things I occasionally cook (such as carrots) but generally they get a puréed mix of the following daily: spinach, carrots, zucchini, cucumbers, peas, broccoli (all uncooked frozen/fresh). I also feed peppers, asparagus tips, green beans, various dark green/red lettuces and cauliflower. They get a greater variety in summer as I have a large garden.

For fruits, chunks of various melons, various berries, tangerine/orange segments, soft apple/pear, banana, etc. Once again, seasonality dictates what I have available to feed but canned options in plain juice work well, too. :)

Thanks! I just fed a tiny bit of orange that the cories sucked up. Little hoovers. My one female guppy is choking on what I think is pumpkin and has been since around noon so word of caution- cut the pumpkin VERY small. It may also be gravel.

Thanks! I just fed a tiny bit of orange that the cories sucked up. Little hoovers. My one female guppy is choking on what I think is pumpkin and has been since around noon so word of caution- cut the pumpkin VERY small. It may also be gravel.

Yes.. well... guppies are not the smartest of the fish...

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah. I have fry try to eat bloodworms two times their size

Alright everyone- tonight is carrots, raspberries, apple, and oranges! I will try to do a video and photos.

My fish loved the treats, Apple was the favorite with carrot second.

Cucumber-rosy barbs, common pleco, and I think my old yellow lab.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My fish loved the treats, Apple was the favorite with carrot second.

Able to get a video? I'm pretty interested in seeing one ha

Chop it really finely

I don't know how to do it through photobucket

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1383.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fah312%2Fsugarpuff1%2FMobile%2520Uploads%2F64EC453B-F189-425A-A64D-3BC22F7F7744_zpsiggkbj4o.mp4">

Back
Top Bottom