The Badis badis are ALL mine!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Menagerie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Back in February, I purchased 6 Badis badis and over the span of two months lost 5 of them to a disease they had when I bought them. Since then, the store has not sold very many of the Badis and I have slowly brought home 7 more for a total of 8 (one of the guys thinks I may have bought all that were sold).
I was in the LFS Sunday and there was 14 Badis left in the tank. By now, all the ill ones have died off and these 14 have been there since February. I have seen them for sell once, but they went from $6.99 to $5.99. Big deal :roll: I asked what kind of price I could get on them if I took them all home (now, you should know that I DO NOT have another tank for them and Trevor does not want to upgrade the current 10 gal Badis tank). $4.99. Still too pricely for me, plus where would I put them?
(FYI--on Saturday, without Trevor knowing, I called about used tanks in the Bargain Finder, but all the 20 gals were sold.)
As things have turned out one of the people I called called me back and said they had a 25 gal complete setup. It's not the best deal I can get, but now I need it :D
Trevor and I were at the LFS last night and a different manager was on duty. The price for the Badis? $3.99 each. Okay!!! I paid for them and promised to pick them up Wednesday. (Meanwhile Trevor is wondering just where they are going to go --oh?! in the 25 gal that I don't have yet :kiss:) The manager made a big deal to one of the underlings there that the Badis tank was to be marked and no more should be sold. :nono: Funny, they haven't moved since February!
I am picking up the 25 gal today, putting in established tank water and filter. The tank will have to live on the floor until we can get a stand to stack the 25 and the 10 gal shellie tank. They are coming home tomorrow!!!

Yay for Badis badis!!! Worth every cent of $3.99 each (I would have bought them for $4.99 but then...I'm a spendthrift.)

Believe me, I almost did, but I figured they weren't going anywhere. Plus, I didn't have a tank and without Trevor's knowledge (approval is a plus), it just wouldn't have been good.

You are the queen of the badis! Yay for you, Menagerie, and hat's off to Trevor - what a prince. You should marry that guy... :wink:

Every time I've been in there I was thinking along the same lines.. These badis just sit and sit and sit.. Glad they are all going to a good home.. :)

Well off to pick up my badis...

Moose.

will Badis do well with Anegels and Neons? Also, will they eat flake food ?

Thanks
Richie

Moose said:
Well off to pick up my badis...
:eyes:

Toirtis said:
Were those that batch at Pisces?
Yes

Also, will they eat flake food ?
They like live foods and will eat frozen foods if you are lucky. Mine laugh at flake. I don't know if they would get along with Angels or neons. Probably, but I am keeping them in a species only tank (sort of with a pleco and 5 pygmy cats.

any links?
http://aquaworld.netfirms.com/Other/Badis/Badis_badis_badis.htm
http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/breeding/Engelking_Badis.html

Their fins aren't that long. Keep in mind those fish are only 2 inches long. Once I figure out how to take pics with my camera, I will post pics.

Okay, I brought them home--all 19 of them!!! I thought 14 was a large number, apparently we didn't count all of them the other day. They did not charge me for the extra 5, which was nice, because these guys are going to cose me a fortune!!! The 24 gal tank that I just bought will not be big enough for these 19 plus the 8 I already have and the Rubber Lip pleco and 5 pygmy cats. Trevor hasn't come home yet, so he doesn't know.
Anyone in the Calgary area have a REALLY cheap 33 to 40 gal aquarium the want to sell me??? You can have my lovely 25 gal.
*sigh* What have I gotten myself into???

That sounds like something I would do. I am really happy for you and all of us here at AA are behind you(if Trevor gives you a hard time :wink: ). Good luck

Menagerie said:
Okay, I brought them home--all 19 of them!!! What have I gotten myself into???

You know you have an aquarium problem when you walk into a store and ask "How much for the whole tank of them?" (I have done this about 10 times now). :wink:

Seriously, if you want to resell a half dozen, give me a shout....I would be happy to have them.

I will that into consideration!! Right now they are QTing at my place and we'll be camping for the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom