The coolest thing ever in an aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyAnglerFishKeeper

Aquarium Advice Regular
Name the coolest (non-animal) thing you've ever seen in an aquarium. I have 25 pounds of pebbles, 20 gallons of water, 25 or so smooth black stones - but the tank needs something to give it come character. I'm going to add a fake plant maybe or a rock "bridge" so the fish have somewhere to hide...but aside from dropping in my Big Bang Bobblehead, what would be something cool to go in the tank for decoration?

Thanks.

I've seen skulls, antlers, busted ships, and as far as building an underwater city with skyscrapers and cars

techo said:
I've seen skulls, antlers, busted ships, and as far as building an underwater city with skyscrapers and cars

The skyscraper thing must be really cool! I would love to see an aquarium look like an underwater city!

haha, those are awesome. I was wondering about plastics and fish health, too btw. (PS - my Big Bang Bobble head is feeling a little nervous about now. :) )

I have to admit that I immediately pulled up another tab and started searching for legos related to things I like. :)

I have this in my tank. It was made by the glass blower at the local renaissance faire. My boyfriend spent some time helping him make a big art piece essentially made up of a bunch of pieces like this, ranging from tiny to huge. They all got strung together into a few giant glass flower looking things and are hanging in someone's Palm Beach house under a skylight. Pretty cool stuff. Mine was given to us as a thank you, it was one of a few extras he had from when he was giving the customer options as to how they wanted them to look. He calls them "iterations" as they are meant to be a sort of embodiment of chaos theory. He's a really intelligent guy. Anyway, he gave us this and he made a little vine looking thing for my tank one day while he was waiting for the bigger oven to heat up. It's in there too, but I'm not sure if you can see it in the picture. Edit: you can't, because it wasn't in the tank yet when I took that picture. I forgot to put it in until I saw it sticking out of a bag of decor I took out of the 20 gallon before shutting it down.

image-3369356004.jpg

image-116674073.jpg

haha, those are awesome. I was wondering about plastics and fish health, too btw. (PS - my Big Bang Bobble head is feeling a little nervous about now. :) )

I have to admit that I immediately pulled up another tab and started searching for legos related to things I like. :)
Yah, from what i read legos are safe to use, the only thing i might worry about are the sharp edges.

3D backgrounds add a lot to an aquarium! Whether that's DIY or store bought, they're amazing to look at. It really adds a touch of nature into the aquarium IMO. However they do tend to be a bit expensive...

Do plants count? There was a 55 gallon aquarium at a local chinese restraunt with a huge clump of java moss. Way bigger that a human head.

Back
Top Bottom