The Dark Ages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vacuums break, though. Especially with all the cat and dog hair. My Python doesn't break. It just keeps on sucking.

The obvious answer is to reduce my uncovered floor space by adding more and larger tanks.

Fishyfanatic said:
get the short pyton.. then go over to the hardware store in the bulk hose section and pick out some hose.. you can make it as long as they have hose! LOL

Depends on the situation Bill. We are in a perdicament right now with trying to make a home made Python. After going to the hardware store, it would have definately been cheaper just to buy the bigger Python. Considering that the hoses were $.82 per foot, we needed 150 feet. Thats $123 for tubing. Then the additional parts. So instead, purchase a 100 ft Python for $63 plus the 50 ft of tubing for $41 and round out at $104. BUT, we couldn't imagine spending that much for water changes so we just bought garden hoses. LOL Weird setup, but it works. :D

you dont need to get the reinforced hose.. the stuff thats not reinforced is less then 40 cents a foot around here.. (same stuff the origianl python comes with)
and the connecting parts are garden hose repair parts.. you should be able to get them for about a buck a peice..
If you didnt have a old gravel vac to nab the big tube off of thats were $$ can get tight trying to get one to fit your DIY setup..
(I didnt see you start a DIY thread on this or I would have tried to get you some links a while ago.. :p )

Gryph said:
Vacuums break, though. Especially with all the cat and dog hair. My Python doesn't break. It just keeps on sucking.

The obvious answer is to reduce my uncovered floor space by adding more and larger tanks.

:biglol: :lol: :biglol: :lol:

sure.. that or getting out a broom and sweeping the floor before vacuuming but thats more work.. :p

The hose that we found is the standard hose that is similar to the Python. They had more expensive stuff.

Back
Top Bottom