The fish are here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am soooo excited. :D My first two schools are being acclimated to the tank as I type. After careful deliberation, I decided with the Hi Fin Serpae Tetras (Thanks JC!) and the Panda Cories. They are sooo cute. The panda's are about 3/4 inch in length and the Tetra's are about an inch long. Six of each. In 3 weeks I will be getting the 6 Rummynose Tetra's and then maybe another 3 weeks I'll be getting the Hatchets. Then to round things off in a few months will be the German Blue Rams. At some point in time when I start getting the algae, I will be getting the BN pleco. Thanks guys for all your help! It has all been well worth the wait. They are so cute. I never thought I'd be this excited over a community tank. :D :multi: :multi: :multi:

Your stocking plan sounds great, and I also can't wait to see pics!!! :mrgreen: It will be an awesome tank for sure! :D

I'll take some tomorrow. After I acclimated them they pretty much just scattered so I turned the lights off and left them be. Hopefully during the night they find their schools and stick together. :D I had to net them out individually because the size of the bag was just barely bigger than the size of the net. I kept checking the tank for floaters, but so far, none. :D

Here's a pic of my little cuties!

Attachments

• tetra1.jpg
    tetra1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 56
  • tetra2.jpg
    tetra2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 52
I love, love, love panda cories. I wanted them for my tank, but my LFS had trouble for months with sick pandas. I finally got tired of waiting and bought peppered. They are cute, but I still plan to get my pandas someday.

Rummynose are a great choice, too. They look great when they school.

:D Congratulations!

Thanks guys! Things are looking great so far. No dead ones. They are swimming around, adjusted to their new surroudings. They are beautiful tiny little fish. Nothing like the Cichlids. :D I just can't wait until I add the others.

What food should I be feeding the cories? I bought Shrimp pellets but they aren't interested in them yet. Should I just wait and drop those in every few days instead of every day?

After settling in, the cory's will endeavour to scrounge around the substrate on a continous basis. They will consume anything edible that they find. In that regard, they will also nibble on veggies. Broccoli stalks are really good...just toss it in (preferably blanched). They also like algae wafers.

awesome fishy!!! congrats on some good ol' fish

yeah, they will scrummage around day and night in their nice little school

they are extremely entertaining :D

Thanks guys! I will try the broc next weekend. We don't really keep vegs here except for the frozen peas. I hope they have adjusted well by the time I see them again. :D After I get the tank stocked I am going to be on the hunt for glass hoods instead of the plastic ones. Then eventualy upgrade the light strip to a triple bulb.

Back
Top Bottom