The fish you can't have

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I went to buy some pet supplies, and had a look at the fish even though I knew that I cannot get any more fish. Tank is not fully stocked but near the limit.

Of course, then I see the loveliest little bristlenose pleco babies, albinos with long fins. Just beautiful.

I didn't get one. But I wanted to!
Guess this is a common problem! :)

How do you resist this kind of temptation?

Easy!
Get another tank :p

I'm currently using a 10G as a hospital for my Africans, I'm seriously debating just setting it up as a saltwater tank..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I promised myself... No new tanks or fish till I'm sure I can keep the ones I've got alive and happy. So far so good at the moment but I just don't feel experienced enough yet. :)

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is a particularly bad problem when your LFS gets in a rare fish type you know will both sell out quickly and not be restocked for a long time (or ever). I had this problem several months back when a local LFS near me randomly got in some red eyed puffers without even really knowing what they are. There are a few fish out there on my "must buy" list that I know if I ever saw them stocked locally I'd get them no matter what.

I head myself off at the pass and desperately want fish that are practically impossible to find and that I've never seen locally in the four states I've lived in, or for sale online :)

Ohhh man, apisto Viejas red at the lfs today.. so soo sooo nice, it was really tough to pass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

8 inch Red Tailed catfish at the WetSpot. Black & white body. Just beautiful. And I have an empty 75g in the garage.......wanted that fish ! Hubby wasn t going for it tho :(

Um.... Just Googled them. Apparently they get quite large.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411871701.797832.jpg

Back
Top Bottom