The Goofiest Fish in your opinion Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is the goofiest fish in your opinon?

• Clown Loaches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corydoras

• Plecos

• Cichlids

• Angels

• Guppies

• Goldfish

• Others

• Total voters

unknown_7

Aquarium Advice Freak
Feel free to add any other fish you think should be on the list, I just named a few off the top of my head.

Yo yo loaches are pretty goofy, and they keep tricking me by "playing dead". Then they zip around the tank like they are laughing at me.

I voted 'goldfish'...in specific, fancies (especially those scrunched-up, obscenely-rotund, dorsal-less mutants)....but to be fair, they are not so much 'goofy' as 'pointless'/'pathetic'. :lol:

I find my blood parrot to be goofy. Sometimes he will flip and swim upside down. He also attacks my hand when I try to clean the tank and whenever I feed my fish, he will jump up and try to eat the flakes out of my hand.

Another vote for yo yo loaches here. Mine are either in hiding or in constant motion all over the tank.

I would have to go with yo-yo loaches myself--a lot of fun to watch.
Chris

Edit: The best part is when I toss in a few snails from my 29. They go nuts trying to be the first to get one and then run with it off to their own corners to enjoy they're treat.

I voted Clown Loaches above, but really mine is another vote for YoYo loaches. I like that they have all the benefits and personality of clown loaches, but stay at a more aquarium friendly size. Loaches in general have a few goofy behaviors. Such as taking anap by laying on thier side in the middle of the gravel. First couple times you see that you will probably reach for your net, only to have them swim away as you swoop in. They will try and wiggle into any crack in the driftwood, upside down sideways whatever. They like sniffing other fish and will follow the scent trail from fish to fish until they find the block of blood worms.
Botia kubotai (Angelique Loach) are another nice species that stays a bit smaller.

I voted pleco... not so much as "goofy" but just that he is my favorite fish... He "munches" on his zuchini, he swims around like he owns the place, nobody messes with him, and every once in a while he will DART to the top and gulp some air and cause the entire surface to splash!!! Also i guess this is kinda goofy:
img_509410_0_d097a4ad3884ffaaf582fbfef68c59da.jpg

kuhli loaches are kinda goofy - they drape themselves over objects (like a clothesline)

bubble-eye goldfish look goofy

Back
Top Bottom