The infamous dollar per galloon sales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i always hear about these sales at petco where they sell tanks....for a dollar per gallon....

In all honesty i got most of my tanks from friends and relatives second hand so i know very little about petco

Some people are saying they only warrant the sale up to 55 gallons

I really want to get a cheap 75 gal

So do they sell 75s on sale at alll?

Did i get the correct information?

Where else can i buy a new tank for cheap?

I do believe it's only up to 55g. But I'd call your local store to be sure. Never bought a tank from them myself. Craigslist and yard sales are where I get my tanks, it can be a gamble I know. But if you want cheap tanks that's your best bet.

Sometimes it doesn't include 55s or 40s. It just depends. None of the Petcos in Southern California sell 75s so I am not sure on that.

I have seen really good deals at some of my LFS on Vizio tanks. Even the pre- drilled ones are cheap which is what I would get if I went 75g or more.

I don't think petco sells anything above 55 gallons? If they do then I doubt they sell it as just the tank itself, which is all the $1/gallon sale applies to.

Even up to 55g (which to be fair is a sizeable tank), I wish we had that sort of deal in UK. *jealous*

check Craigslist around your place , i got 3 ten gallon tank for 20$ , 75 gallon for 15$ and a 100 gallon for free.

Sometimes you can get good deals. I dont like craigslist tho. Most if tge time people dont know what their doing and kill their fish and give up then they want to sell you everything for like 75% of what they paid for it. Thats not fair. Used is used, the value drops more than they understand. Like 50 dollars for a 20g kit when its 60 new. I usually just get my ten gallon and 20 longs from petco when their on sale. Which is quite often.

I just bought one recently and it is warranted up to 5 years up to 55 gallons and lifetime for 56 gallons, plus. It's on the sticker on the front of the glass on the inside of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom