the Life of my dead Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitchafishaboo

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi guys,
about 2 weeks ago, my Mickey mouse Platy Died. He was 2 and a half years old, and I got him from my sister, because her fish had babies, and he was one of them. At one month old, I got him, at 2 months, I got his brother, I didn't want to breed at this point. I named him Mickey, and his brother Donald. Mickey was the runt of the litter. Donald was about 1 and a half-2 centimetres, and Mickey was about 3/4 millimetres smaller. at 4 months, Donald was put in my other tank for breeding, he is still there now! Mickey had grown to about 3 cm in size at this point, maybe a bit smaller. He was alone for two months, and I thought he may get lonely, and he was a beautiful white colour, so I thought about breeding him, I went to the store and bought a 6 month old(ish) Orange Mickey mouse Platy female. when I put her in, she immediately got chased by Mickey. about 3 days later she looked noticeably fatter. about 4 weeks later, she gave birth to a batch of fry, and Mickey was swimming around with her whilst they grew. sadly, only two survived, but they looked nothing like either of them. I figured mickey wasn't the father, so I didn't keep the survivors, I offered them to my cousin, as he just set up his tank, they are still alive now, with babies. They are blue with the Micky mouse shape on their tail.
Mickey and my female (Minnie) started to not get along, as she kept nipping his fins. so I put her in a smaller tank, alone. about 2 months ago I put her back with Mickey, and they mated, to have a total of 30 fry. Only one is alive, and he is about 2 months I think. Mickey was around 2 and a half when he died, and Minnie is currently around 2 maybe a bit older, Mickey died before this batch of fry were born, and Minnie is also very ill, so if she dies soon, I may get the offspring to mate with a female swordtail for hybrids.

I only decided to tell you this because im bored haha

Back
Top Bottom