Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 06-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #401
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Fresh2o's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 12,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish loach boy View Post
Ok, so I just open it and take out the carbon, how do I do this, wont I rip the filter?
I would take a pair of scissors or a knife and make a SMALL incision at the top corner of the cartridge and dump out the carbon. You may not get all of it out but should get most of it out.
__________________

__________________
I am an ALGAE farmer.
Terms of Service | Community Rules | FresH2O's Planted Tank | Fresh2o's Shrimp Tank
Fresh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #402
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
http://youtu.be/3zhigw2XxK8
__________________

__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #403
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
That is the video of my tank please watch it!
__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #404
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post

I would take a pair of scissors or a knife and make a SMALL incision at the top corner of the cartridge and dump out the carbon. You may not get all of it out but should get most of it out.
Ok I'll do that thanks
__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #405
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
dragonfisher33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,963
why is your filter in the front? it's not aesthetically pleasing
__________________
dragonfisher33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #406
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
dragonfisher33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,963
loachboy, in your video you said that you're still going to get dwarf hairgrass. i would scratch that idea and instead do crypts. they are root feeders and since you're going to get FlorMax it's a good substrate for the crypts. i find dwarf hairgrass really need constant co2 and medium to high light plus rich substrate in order to grow the carpet you're looking for.
__________________
dragonfisher33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #407
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Zimmanski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 2,152
I noticed that as well.

You talked about a light in your video, but what kind is it? just curious
Zimmanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #408
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by huizheng1988 View Post
why is your filter in the front? it's not aesthetically pleasing
It's not I have a space issue with my desk I'm getting a canister filter soon
__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #409
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by huizheng1988 View Post
loachboy, in your video you said that you're still going to get dwarf hairgrass. i would scratch that idea and instead do crypts. they are root feeders and since you're going to get FlorMax it's a good substrate for the crypts. i find dwarf hairgrass really need constant co2 and medium to high light plus rich substrate in order to grow the carpet you're looking for.
Ok I'll check out if they have crypts at pet smart what are the other names for it and what is the whole name?
__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #410
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmanski View Post
I noticed that as well.

You talked about a light in your video, but what kind is it? just curious
I got this onehttp://m.petsmart.com/mt/www.petsmar...AvailInUS%2FNo
__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #411
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
dragonfisher33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish loach boy View Post
It's not I have a space issue with my desk I'm getting a canister filter soon
wow!!! loachboy, your mom approves everything you buy for your fish tank?
__________________
dragonfisher33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #412
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by huizheng1988 View Post

wow!!! loachboy, your mom approves everything you buy for your fish tank?
Well I'm the one that works to maintain the tank in my room the 55 in the living room and my little brothers 2.5 gallon tank so they don't pay for anything so I think my mom likes it that way lol
__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #413
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
What do you guys think about the set up?
__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #414
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
dragonfisher33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish loach boy View Post
What do you guys think about the set up?
the molly is very cool
__________________
dragonfisher33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #415
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
Yea I think so too but I'm not getting another one again
__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #416
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Rossco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 150
Good start your tank looks very plain u should do some more scaping before anything else in my option !
__________________
Rossco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #417
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
Good start your tank looks very plain u should do some more scaping before anything else in my option !
I agree it kind of does I'm thinking of maybe moving the plants up and putting some rocks in the back what do you think?
__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:48 AM   #418
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Glow light tetra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 151
What kind of rocks?
__________________
Glow light tetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:51 AM   #419
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
Have you seen at petsmart that under the decorations there are baskets with big rocks I'm talking about those or maybe those rocks you stack that are found in the reptile section
__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #420
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
dragonfisher33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish loach boy View Post
I agree it kind of does I'm thinking of maybe moving the plants up and putting some rocks in the back what do you think?
your amazn swords are background plants and the java ferns are more of midground. i would first get the substrate you said you were getting and replant those plants accordingly. the amazon swords definitely will grow like wildfire if you do it. for foreground, add some crypts and chain sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish loach boy View Post
Have you seen at petsmart that under the decorations there are baskets with big rocks I'm talking about those or maybe those rocks you stack that are found in the reptile section
or you can use rocks around your neighborhood. i find those rocks in Petsmart or any pet store a rip off. go to a nearby forest/river/park or wherever you can find rocks.
__________________

__________________
dragonfisher33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
29 gallon, journal, loach, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« How? | Best temp »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.