The loach's 29 gallon tank journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My uncle has a tank with two dwarf gouramis, three honey gouramis, Bolivian rams and German blues, I'm asking if they will be ok, or I just shouldn't try it
So my tank is now officially a month old, can I go ahead and add my two Bolivian rams now, or should I wait
One of my main concerns is if the Bolivians and the German blues will fight, should I do one German and one Bolivian, I think that sounds nice

You should chat with your uncle more about his experiences and how he introduced the fish, as well. He can probably give you some great insight into what has worked and what hasn't.

I actually have a 36 gallon tank with 2 female kribs, 2 GBRs, and 2 gold gouramis. They all get together great. I have a thread for it, you should check it out!

Ok, I'll check out your thread, under what discussion is it found, what is it called?

Show off/photography Its called 36 gallon tank

Yup found it, nice gold gouramis!
Ok, since you seem to have a bit of experience with rams, I think I'm adding one German blue ram and one Bolivian ram, can I go ahead and add my Bolivian,
Do you think that two German blues and two Bolivians will fight in my 29 gallon?

Yup found it, nice gold gouramis!
Ok, since you seem to have a bit of experience with rams, I think I'm adding one German blue ram and one Bolivian ram, can I go ahead and add my Bolivian,
Do you think that two German blues and two Bolivians will fight in my 29 gallon?

If you end up getting one of each get one male and one female or both females. I couldn't keep two male rams from fighting in a 75 gallon heavily planted tank. River cats in her 220 gallon 100% planted tank only has two pairs and she still have squabbles between the two. There's just not enough space for two males to stake out territories in a 29

I dont know about 2 bolivian rams and 2 GBRs. But if you insist on this, I would put them in at the same time so they dont have any established territories yet. I would also try to get all females if possible. They seam to be less aggressive.

Yea, I think I'm getting only one female of each group along with three Cory's, does that sound good?

you could call the rams community fish, i have 5 GBR in my tank with a dwarf flame red gourami, no problem getting along

Cool!
Next week I'm getting three more neon tetras to make my neon tetra group of 8 and 2 honey gouramis
Then I'll probably add my 5 red eye tetras and add some driftwood
Then in two weeks I'll be adding my German blue ram and my Bolivian ram
Then in three weeks I'll be adding my otocinclus

Cool!
Next week I'm getting three more neon tetras to make my neon tetra group of 8 and 2 honey gouramis
Then I'll probably add my 5 red eye tetras and add some driftwood
Then in two weeks I'll be adding my German blue ram and my Bolivian ram
Then in three weeks I'll be adding my otocinclus

well, just remember to finish with your scaping before getting the otos and GBR

Yup, I'll probably just finish the fish before the rams and otos, and when I buy the other fish, I'll buy plants and decor

Back
Top Bottom