The Molly and the feeding ring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xstream

Aquarium Advice Activist
So our 10g princess tank cycled a few months back, and has experienced a move with no losses or problems. I am on a regular water change once a week and checking the levels once between water changes.

I bought a feeding ring around the time the tank cycled. I had upgraded my filtration to a 20 and the food flooded the tank every feeding. Most of the food would rest in the decorations and no one was eating it. The ring kept the food on the surface (until my messy platy would grab a bite and food would fall to the rocks). this seemed to be working and i noticed enough food on the bottom to introduce two ghost shrimp. They are keeping the rock bed nice and clean.

I have continued to use the ring until recently. My Dalmatian Molly has become very aggressive at feeding time. He is the biggest fish in the tank, and our Platy and Neons have to detract and move in quick. He nips at them, but I haven't noticed any damage to the other fish. I have tried feeding without the ring, but the food goes everywhere.

Any suggestions?

image-2520873307.jpg

Back
Top Bottom