"The Munchers"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADCISCO

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well since I found out who the munchers (the cats) where I think I found a way to deal with the problem. I went and bought a dozen ghost shrimp for them but I know the girl pretty well and she gave a few more at no cost. So I brought them home and slid them to the bottom of the tank.... I dont think that they lasted a minute! ALL of the fish were eating them but the cats got what I would say to be enough to fill their belly! The funniest though was I have a tiger barb that I call Fatboy....I looked up and he looked funny so I got to looking he had a whole shrimp in his mouth and its tail was hangin out of it!!!! He swam around that way for I dont know how long before he actually ate it. But I bought some shrimp pellets and I am going to attemp to keep the cats eating them though those other fish go right for them as soon as you drop them in. Gonna make a try of this and see what happens and then just go back ever so often and get them some ghost shrimp and put them in at night so the other fish cant see them. Oh and I got 3 rosy barbs too~

This is a loosing battle I think. Anything small enough to fit in the cats mouth will eventually go into the cats mouth.

Well I am getting a 55 gallon and I think that I am going to go with african cichlids. Was talking to someone and they said that they should be fine with them but that said that these things can grow up to be 10 inches long! YIKES! And also read a post another place on the internet that they can live to be as old as 10yrs. My goshI never thought that a fish could live for that long! For now I am just going to see what happens and if they get too out of control I will take them to the lfs for a change!

Heh, Atleast you got to see what happened to your ghosts. ;)

I put 2 dozen ghosts in my 29gal atleast once a month, and by the time the next month roles around they're all gone.

I do have a really fat Bala Shark tho, Hrmm.. ;) :D

Oh, yeah. Fish can live to be really, really old! Older, even that us! Koi live into their hundreds frequently. Oldest reported Koi was 200 years old! I'll have to get back-up on that, but I know they certainly live longer than humans...

Wow. I knew the oldest goldfish was 68 years old when it died, but 226 YEARS? Thats older then some of the big land tortoises!

As for my guys, my angels should reach around 8 yrs old at least, the loaches at least 10 yrs, and the plec 20 yrs. And if I manage to keep up water husbandry like I do now, and not mess things up when I move some day, they'll likely outlive my predictions!

*giggles* Wish I was rich and had no family; I'd love to p*ss people off and leave everything to my fish.

Back
Top Bottom