The mystery of the disappearing fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlerob904

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently stocked my tank with 2 bumblebee cichlids, 2 green terror cichlids, and 2 red devil cichlids.

Night 1 of the tank, one of the green terror cichlids disappeared completely. I've found no trace of him. I've searched the room and surrounding area to no avail, and no mysterious stenches have popped up in my house. I've since covered the tank as I initially thought he must have jumped out committing fish-suicide.

The rest of the tank mates are doing fine, going on day 5 now. Levels are good and everything is going as it should. There is some mild agression, one of the red devils "Bastard" loves to pick on the other and the smaller of the two bumblebees. I have plenty of hiding spaces in the tank and all the fish are holding their own.

I opened up the filter and found no fish remains. I can't figure it out. Is it possible that he was killed overnight and completely canabilized by the others? All the fish are fairly young and only about 1.5in in size at this point. The green terrors are the largest of the 6 fish, and the remaining green terror isn't messed with by anyone and doesn't seem to be interested in the rest of the fish.

Is it more likely that he wiggled his way into a great hiding place in my living room and its only a matter of time before my house begins to smell like rotten sushi?

This is bugging the **** out of me.

removed everything in the tank? my guess is it died and became lunch. if it did jump it prob didnt make it too far search around. they dry up fast really dont smell at all.

Back
Top Bottom