the red tail shark dances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
As most people on here know by now, I love my red tail shark to death!!! about a week ago I noticed him doing something I have never seen before. When I was feeding just regular ol flake food to my other fish he came up to the top of the water, turned his tail down towrods the bottom with his head at water level, and he was sucking flake food up and eating it LOL I've never seen him do it like that, I've seen him graze the bottom before, but never the top like that. Now he does it all the time!! anyone else ever seen this?? Is this normal??

Not seen that before, but I do see crazy behaviour from mine regularly! They're funny little things. Mine hates being 'caught' swimming around the tank (he's very shy). When the lights are out before I've turned them on I can see him swimming about, and then if I go up to the tank and turn them on he freezes in place, waits a bit, turns his back to me as if it means I'm not there anymore, waits a bit more, and then finally shoots back into his pot.

You can go up to him too and he'll poke his head out to have a look every coupla seconds as if to check whether I'm still there.

When I moved him into his new home he was very very naughty and got into a major tantrum. Even though he was acclimatised etc. as normal, and the water was his own plus 10G more (50% pwc in effect since he used to be in my 10G breeder temporarily), he would leap up out of the water and flick his tail on the plastic hood to make a thumping noise. He kept doing that for about a day or two but then settled down. It was as if to say "how dare you move me like that!"

he's defintly a true piggy LOL mines not shy at all!!! he rules that tank and the other fish know it lol if I come in and turn my bedroom light on he comes out swims around the front of the tank, he loves if I play my electric guitar or stereo, he'll swim all around that tank like its a dance floor!! lol I love him though, if he ever got sick or died Iono what I would do, he's my pride and joy, so black ya can't see him with the lights out, and his tail is the brightest I'ver seen so far

Back
Top Bottom