The tank log!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just to keep my mind open, what would you subsitute for the serpaes to make that group more compatible? or mabye just skip that and up the other schools by two so..

8 tiger barbs
8 zebra danios
6 cories

Really bad idea to ask me that question, it will be very hard for me to answer :lol: I really like gouramis but i know they wouldnt fit into plan B. But i also really like tiger barbs! Now you are beginning to see my problem. Ok i have an idea, can everyone tell me what easy fish they would put in a 24 gallon. For now lets forget what i like.. I need more ideas! (Of course it also gives me something to do while the tank is cycling. lol :lol: )

I think your choice of barbs, danios and cory's is a good one. You could go with dwarf gouramis instead of danios. The possiblities are endless. You should do some searching on the net to get some ideas. http://www.liveaquaria.com is one site that shows pics of several species. It also has a compatibility chart.

Thanks for the link but i still need some more ideas can you just say the names of some fish and i will look them up. I want to know about as many possible species as i can before i decide on my final stocking plan.

Ok i realize i should be more specific of what i mean by some fish. I mean active but easy fish that will be a good asset to a community tank. Also what fish would go good with them.

Honey dwarf gourami's are beautiful, I love the Pearl gourami. They are compatible with most fish except betta's and cichlids. Live aquaria has lots of photos and info that will allow you to browse their freshwater section. You can get lots of ideas that way and can check the compatibility chart to see if they go together. It is hard to offer suggestions as there are so many available fish out there.

I have to keep the danios because my eight year old cousin has one in a vase and i am dying to rescue it and give it some friends!
So how about.....

6 Zebra danios
3 Cherry Barbs
5 Cories (pepper or if i can find some panda..)
2 dwarf or honey or pearl or mabye sparkler gouramis (ill probably get the species i can find a female of if i ever see any females :x )

Can someone tell me if the sparklers would be ok?

Here's what I think you should do fishygurl....... Before you decide or purchase anything, take a long look at what your lfs has for sale. Look at fish that one would typically select for a community tank of schooling fish. The likelihood is that most of the tetras, barbs and danios will go well together. See which fish are readily availble, which you like the best, and then stocking options become clearer. :wink:

Thanks, I just did that and there are tons of availible fish between the 6 stores within 10 minute of me, but i have decided to go with my original plan A.
Thank you all

fishygurl said:
thats not what i meant. i meant that if you cylce the tank with enough ammonia equivilant to the amount produced by 10 fish then add 5 fish and some of the bacteria die off, wil they build back up again when i add more fish later?

the going theroy is that the exess bacteria go dormant (from chatting with advanced aquarist) and once the bio-load goes back up the bacteria reawaken.. this information is from experiments with heavly planted tanks that remove the vast majority of the bio-load yet one the filter running on it is put to a new tank to jump start the cycle the bacteria resume MUCH faster then it would be possible if they were to die when not getting enough NH3/NO2.. HTH
the information is a little irrelevent but I feel its usefull to know whats going on.. :p

Ok I have another possible stocking plan. Well actually its just one type of fish> I was wondering what type of fish would go well with angels. I know they need really clean water and stuff, but if i added them in about 5 months would they be ok? Im getting another filter soon so ill have 2 aquaclear 150's So what fish would be ok witha pair of angels?

Why does no one ever relpy to old threads, even if they have new posts?
Because if you do not open up the link in your email notification, you stop getting email notification of new replies. Or people get tired of following a thread. Or people assume that after 4 or 5 pages, the problem has been hashed out as much as it can.

Yes, but if other users don't open the links they got in their email, they stop getting email notifications for this thread. If you are following many threads, its easy to forget which ones you are following once the email notifications stop. Its not being rude or not caring, its just that All threads tend to dwindle and die off after a while.

fishygurl said:
Ok I have another possible stocking plan. Well actually its just one type of fish> I was wondering what type of fish would go well with angels. I know they need really clean water and stuff, but if i added them in about 5 months would they be ok? Im getting another filter soon so ill have 2 aquaclear 150's So what fish would be ok witha pair of angels?

did you start a new thread for this question.. if you didnt I would suggest you do..
I dont use the email noifications.. I have replyed to nearly 1000 threads.. if I tried to keep tabs on all questions on all fourms I post on.. I could could be working 3 full time jobs.. LOL :p

I like harliquin rasbora's with angels.. :p

Back
Top Bottom