The Top Of My Stand Isnt Level, Need Help Please!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dornblaser1

Aquarium Advice Regular
i just built a stand and everything measured up and was cut to the right lengths but the back right corner if your looking at it from the front is 1/4" higher than any other corner its already wrapped and trimmed i need a quick fix where i dont have to tear it down again please need help asap

Attachments

• stand14.jpg
    stand14.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 68
  • stand11.jpg
    stand11.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 66
If you built it square and all sides are the same length then it's possible the floor isn't quite level. Just shim the corner thats lower.

Just redo the top trim so that it looks level to the eye. I dont think it will matter a bit to the tank itself as long as the base is flat against the stand on both ends

do i have to have shims the whole length like every bit of the tank trim touching the shims/stand or just a few inches apart i also heard foam works and maybe plywood on that any ideas

Honestly I'd shim the base at the corner that lowest. I use paint stir sticks. You could also use plywood, thinner panneling or cardboard then trim the excess with a utility knife. Just remember if you use cardboard that the weight of the tank when full will compact it just a bit so you'd have to compensate for that.

Back
Top Bottom