They call me Crazy!!!!!! LOL - New pics 4/15/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
After work, guess where I went? The LFS, big mistake. lol. I bought myself another fish, lol. He's a monster. Must weigh at least a pound, lol. But it was one of 2 choices, pay $5.00 for him or they were going to put it to sleep, lol. So I gave in and gave them $5.00, lol. Here's the pics....

My new bala shark:
bala3.jpg

bala4.jpg

bala5.jpg

bala6.jpg

Nope, not blind. He's just huge, lol. See him next to my 1 3/4 inch tiger barbs? Now my other bala (6 1/2 inches) looks puny compared to him.

In my 55G with the barbs, other bala, and my eels and loaches. And the barbs are acting like they are cleaning him, lol. Picking around his tail, fins, belly, sides, scales, etc. They don't appear to be picking at the fins and tail, just targeting things that might be on him. Quite interesting to watch. And he seems to enjoy it. His head was a little yellow from the stress, but now is going back to normal. He's looking good.

My barbs won't stay away from him, lol. And he seems to love the attention. He's swimming around the tank now, and they follow him. My 2 rainbow sharks don't know what to think though, lol.

shoulda tried to get a $5 credit for taking it off thier hands, LOL! Yeah, I had tinfoil barbs that size in a 55. They grow kinda fast.

I just looked in the bedroom again, all the barbs have the new bala surrounded, lol. And boy is the green coming out in the green tiger barbs, lol. They all seem to be loving life right now, lol. The other bala has joined them too. Hope he'll get over being skiddish now. He was great at first, but as he got bigger, was getting real skiddish. Might have been because he was the only bala.

An t-iasg said:
LOL, you two... :)

LoneWolf, congrats...that is a beautiful fish! Glad to hear he's getting along well in your tank!

Now I just can't wait to get my 300G. lol. Will be the home for the 2 balas and my fire eels. And a few other various fish. :)

Wow, that is very cheap for a bala that size. Why were they going to put him to sleep, just because he's big and they didn't really have room for him?

Back
Top Bottom