Things that make the ph raise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First, why are you trying to raise it?

Aragonite and crushed coral are the best to buffer it up and gain stability IMO. Many people also use Seachem buffers with success.

HN1 said:
First, why are you trying to raise it?

Aragonite and crushed coral are the best to buffer it up and gain stability IMO. Many people also use Seachem buffers with success.

Thanks. My ph just won't stay stable. I've never had problems with my ph before..but then again it's my first year with my 29 gallon tank (since summer..it's winter now where i am).

How much is it fluctuating? What range? Any change to your source water?

HN1 said:
How much is it fluctuating? What range? Any change to your source water?

It's supposed to be around 7.2 to 7.6. I've had the fish for 2 weeks now. I just had it under control and then it dropped to below 7. Around 6.

Assuming that you are testing with a good liquid kit, it does sound as if you may need to add something to buffer and stabilize the pH. I prefer aragonite or aragonite sand, but CC in a media bag in the filter will work too.

HN1 said:
Assuming that you are testing with a good liquid kit, it does sound as if you may need to add something to buffer and stabilize the pH. I prefer aragonite or aragonite sand, but CC in a media bag in the filter will work too.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom