Think I'm getting out of the hobby...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corrado33

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, long time no talk.

I think the time has come for my time with aquariums to end.

I just don't enjoy it anymore. I don't want to do the water changes, I'm sick of cleaning tanks (even though they didn't get that dirty), and I just don't want to do it any more. Plus, I'm not going to be living here much longer and I can't see myself moving the tanks again.

I don't want my tanks to fall into disarray, so I'm going to try to part with them before that happens. I'm much more of a "get outside and do something person" rather than a "make beautiful fish tanks" person.

Where ever my tanks end up going, the fish are going with them. It's going to be part of the deal. If no one will take them, then I'll keep them till I find a good home for them. I know they're just stupid little fish, but I can't see myself doing anything to a perfectly healthy live animal.

Here's my slightly overgrown tank. (With lots of snails... I liked the things, they cleaned my tank.)

P75126102.jpg

It's not nearly as bad as it looks, the plants along the front left just spread along the glass, blocking that whole half. And I suck at taking pictures.

Well, look for a classifieds listing. I'll post it here when I make it.

Classifieds thread: Here

Well, I can't say that I'm glad to hear this news. It sucks that you've lost interest. I will commend you for doing what is best for the fish though. Too many people would simply stop caring for the fish until they died, or something bad like that. I hope that in the future, you decide you miss those annoying water changes, and decide to get back in. I'll be looking for the classifieds in case you decide to sell the plants separately ;)

Best of luck to ya, and I mean that.

what fish are in it? also,what kind of snails?

Check the classifieds thread up above, I edited the post.

Oh and the kind of snails that you don't want. ;-)

I'm guessing simple pond snails, they don't get that big, maybe a cm diameter for the biggest one.

I am very sorry that you lost interest in the hobby. I understand it is hard to take care of but for me it pays off. Anyway, I live in Pittsburgh! I read the classifieds but, do any have stands?

from, Adam

I am very sorry that you lost interest in the hobby. I understand it is hard to take care of but for me it pays off. Anyway, I live in Pittsburgh! I read the classifieds but, do any have stands?

from, Adam

I have the stands that the 20 and 10 are sitting on. ;) Other than that, no.

Geesh did the 55 gallon go on a ground floor or something ;). How much is the plants, ferts, testing kits, and everything for the planted tank?

from, Adam

Geesh did the 55 gallon go on a ground floor or something ;). How much is the plants, ferts, testing kits, and everything for the planted tank?

from, Adam

Uh, I could go....

20 For the tank + whatever's inside
15 for the filter Fluval C2
15 for the api master + phosphate test + hardness tests
40 for all of the ferts? That includes all of the liquid stuff and alkaline buffer, acid buffer, and equilibrium if you want them. (Big bottles of everything)

Am I missing something?

That's $90 total Tell ya what, bring a hundred and you can have whatever else you see (fish related) that you want (within reason of course).

Of course, you'd have to come and we'd have to take the tank down together, cause I don't want to take it down and not have anyone show up. I mean I could get it mostly ready, but still. I have buckets for everything. I think the low low price is a good motivator for the help. Plus, it wouldn't take that long, catching the fish is always the hardest part (cause I have a tiny net)

BTW, the fish go with the tank, no exceptions.

EDIT: No, the 55 was never set up.

Haha I understand. I am really not sure if I can do it and keep looking. I'm sure someone would like it. If I did do it, I would only get the tank and the surprises inside;). I just don't see my parents going for it. I will definitely try to convince them though. I'm not sure if you would have a problem with it but I would be transferring the inhabitants to my 30 gallon with breeding mollies, a pleco, and a gourami.

from, Adam

Haha I understand. I am really not sure if I can do it and keep looking. I'm sure someone would like it. If I did do it, I would only get the tank and the surprises inside;). I just don't see my parents going for it. I will definitely try to convince them though. I'm not sure if you would have a problem with it but I would be transferring the inhabitants to my 30 gallon with breeding mollies, a pleco, and a gourami.

from, Adam

Well, let me know, there's no guarantee anything will still be here.

I want it sooooo bad. UGHHH! I would so take you up on that offer. I have a friend in Tioga County but it's just too far of a drive. Bummer. I bet this goes fast.

Back
Top Bottom