Think this is ick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One other thing I forgot to mention, I live in Hawaii so my tank runs at 80-82 always, never less. I read that high temp kills it off, so that is why I am not sure..

Do you actually have a common pleco and 3 clown loaches in a 55G...

thanks...everyone.

Cynic, actually 4 clown loaches..yes, yes I do. Do you desire to counsel me on the growth rate/tank size of both of these fish? I am well aware so I will save you time. The clowns were maybe an inch when I got them a few months ago, maybe 1.5 now. The pleco is growing very fast, and soon...just like the clowns both will be transferred back to LFS. In the meantime, I will let my fish live happily in the tank. Even though I am overstocked by 13% but overfiltered by 212%.

This is why I hate posting here, everyone thinks people are just idiots. I didn't just buy a 55g tank, fill it up with water and throw them in, good luck fish. I am using this to get advice with questions you can't google.

No maybe your the idiot why would you give these lovely fish a home how would u like to get taken from all your friends and be put in a different room with a lode of strangers and then settle in and make new friends and be taken away again a common requires well over a 100g

thanks...everyone.

Cynic, actually 4 clown loaches..yes, yes I do. Do you desire to counsel me on the growth rate/tank size of both of these fish? I am well aware so I will save you time. The clowns were maybe an inch when I got them a few months ago, maybe 1.5 now. The pleco is growing very fast, and soon...just like the clowns both will be transferred back to LFS. In the meantime, I will let my fish live happily in the tank. Even though I am overstocked by 13% but overfiltered by 212%.

This is why I hate posting here, everyone thinks people are just idiots. I didn't just buy a 55g tank, fill it up with water and throw them in, good luck fish. I am using this to get advice with questions you can't google.

Here, here. I have asked where this rule of fish per gallon comes from and have yet to receive a reasonable explanation. IMO 'need' is a human perception. People see this info on other sires... especially the Seriously Fish site...... and take the info as gospel. What sites like this don't say, is whether a fish that needs 55 gallons can have any tankmates in the same 55 gallons?..... or does he need the whole tank.to himself. Very vague if you ask me.

Common plecos can survive in a.hole in a river bank in the dry season, so 55 gallons of well filtered aquarium water may be considered luxury..... if fish think like humans that is!

Your fish looks to me like it has suffered some damage to the upper eye - as you know, plecos like to squeeze into small spaces! The eye also looks cloudy, although that may be just the photo? It could be that bacteria has infected a wound and often fugal growth can affect the same area. If you can catch the fish, it may be worth treating the area with a little iodine.

Back
Top Bottom