Thinking about a discus tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 75 gallon with 4 adults and 4 juvies II heard that they are better in groups of 5 ? I would read up on them if you never had discus before .

discus like to be in groups of 5+ a 55 gallon would work for a group of 5-6 discus. definitely do research before you buy them, they are a lot more care than your average tropical fish

discus like to be in groups of 5+ a 55 gallon would work for a group of 5-6 discus. definitely do research before you buy them, they are a lot more care than your average tropical fish

My friends thinking about doing this as well, he has a 55 gallon long. Would that work? I know they like to swim up & down. I would make sure he knows how to do it before he takes any in though.

Sorry to steal thread...just curious lol.

My friends thinking about doing this as well, he has a 55 gallon long. Would that work? I know they like to swim up & down. I would make sure he knows how to do it before he takes any in though.

Sorry to steal thread...just curious lol.

if its a standard 48" yes it will work just make sure he knows how much care they are going to need and that he is willing to give them the proper care

if its a standard 48" yes it will work just make sure he knows how much care they are going to need and that he is willing to give them the proper care

48" tall or long? & yes sir I will do that. Hes been reading up on alot of info. & I showed him this forum so maybe he'll join one day.

Edit: that's a stupid question, ain't no 55 tank going to be 4 foot tall. -.-

Discus are pretty easy fish to care for but require frequent water changes of around 2-3 times per week so if you're not willing to put in the time I wouldn't recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom