Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-18-2018, 12:15 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thinking about doing a smaller tank on my desk

I was considering getting a smaller tank for my desk. Maybe a 10 gallon? After thinking about stocking options, I was interested in an African dwarf frog. I was considering one of them along with perhaps some neon or black neon tetras, maybe a guppy or two? Also, I was considering a snail for the tank too, but I'm limited in knowledge about them. For example, if I get one mystery snail, will it breed out of control until I have like 100?
Any suggestions for my stocking ideas would be great, or even your own stocking ideas.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:21 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis93 View Post
I was considering getting a smaller tank for my desk. Maybe a 10 gallon? After thinking about stocking options, I was interested in an African dwarf frog. I was considering one of them along with perhaps some neon or black neon tetras, maybe a guppy or two? Also, I was considering a snail for the tank too, but I'm limited in knowledge about them. For example, if I get one mystery snail, will it breed out of control until I have like 100?
Any suggestions for my stocking ideas would be great, or even your own stocking ideas.
I think everything you are thinking about will work. Get only make guppies if you get them.
The snail will not reproduce like that. And if by chance you got a fertilized female, they lay there eggs in a large clump out of the water. So they are easily removed.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:19 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Fish View Post
I think everything you are thinking about will work. Get only make guppies if you get them.
The snail will not reproduce like that. And if by chance you got a fertilized female, they lay there eggs in a large clump out of the water. So they are easily removed.
I think I will go with that stocking idea then. I am shopping around for the tank now. I was also wondering if I can use Seachem products like Prime with the frog and the snail or would they need special chemicals?
Old 08-20-2018, 11:58 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Prime is fine for the snail and frog

Tags
african dwarf frog, desk tank, small, snail, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com