thinking about getting a new filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
So here's my filter situation:

I have an HOB on my 20 gallon long that is meant for a 10-20 gallons and soon I'm going to put another HOB of the same size on there.

I also have a Hydor prime 10 canister on my 25 gallon and the other HOB is currently on there.

I'd like to sell my canister cuz I hate it (doesn't seem that powerful and I HATE all the tubes). So what HOB would you suggest for a 25 gallon tank that will be populated with shell dwelling cichlids. I'd like it to really keep my tank clean and I don't want to have to use any other filters. I don't mind spending money but nothing crazy (and not a canister).

i would get a ac 50 or ac 70 for the 25 gallon and a ac 20 for the 2nd hob for the 20 gallon or bigger.

Whats an ac? I definitely am thinking about getting an emperor or a marineland. What sizes would you recommend for those two brands?

I've got a marineland penguin 150 with the biowheel. it's on my 25g, says it's rated up to 30g and i've never had a problem with it. it's got 2 slots for media cartridges which i like. there's definitely room in there to customize (to a degree) your media.

I usually try to get around 10x turnover per hour, so like a penguin 100 for a 10 gallon or a emperor 280 for a 29 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom