thinking about gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinky

Aquarium Advice Regular
so i've been thinking another small (10 gals or less) tank might be nice, i've fallen in love with dalmatian mollies, and was wondering if dwarf gouramis would be good tank mates? and if not then what could i mix them with?

it's not like i'm going out and getting all the stuff tomorrow i was just curious.

Dwarf gouramis would be fine but I would only go with one and no smaller than a 10g.
On the other hand, mollies can get fairly large and wouldn't be too happy in a 10. If you want livebearers for a small tank, you should go with guppies or platies.

ok thanks alot ^__^
i'll go with something different then *starts researching*

my mollies did great with my gouramis-yellow and blue. Yes it is too small though. Platies are GREAT!!! ;) *wink wink*

honey gouramis would be much more comfortable in a 10 gallon than even your regular dwarf gourami.

right now i have a 10gal with 2 honeys and (too many) guppies and a crayfish and it's really cool. you could also go with platies, which look kind of like mollies but stay smaller.

platies are so pretty! i'm suprised i never noticed them in the fish stores lol

how many types are there? and is there any way i can keep them from breeding?

Pinky said:
platies are so pretty! i'm suprised i never noticed them in the fish stores lol

how many types are there? and is there any way i can keep them from breeding?

Keep only males. If you get all females there is an excellent chance some of the girls will already be pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom