This for everyone having trouble with there 55 gallon lighting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
If your like me and you bought the 55 gallon starter kit at Petsmart you may have realized that its 2 separate hoods and they are not the 24" most tanks have but instead it measures 23 and 11 1/2. You may also found out that Led is unsuitable for a planted aquarium.

Well I found this glass canopy that is exactly 23 and 11 1/2 inches. It is a Perfecto Glass Canopy Aquarium, 48-Inch. This allows you to place any regular shop light on top of your aquarium to give your plants the light they need safely. It costed roughly 40$ on Amazon.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402629244.588127.jpg

The best part is that it comes with a easy access handle to lift the glass and feed your fish. It has some plastic at the end to cut out squares for your filter and heater.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402629363.584267.jpg

The handle is very sturdy (if you mess up placing it don't worry, I accidentally put my on the wrong side of the glass so I just got a lighter and kinda melted the glue so I could remove it. Then I replied it with a glue gun. Make sure to melt the glue not the handle.)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402629513.492085.jpg

The shop light I had fit perfectly under my hood so it still looks like a normal aquarium. (18" light)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402629576.336236.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402629593.323254.jpg

Theses are just picture of my common pleco and leaf fish. I couldn't get a picture of my pictus catfish he was hiding in his cave.

Any recommendations on a good 18" light to enchanted the color of my fish and future angels that will also provide my plants light?

Back
Top Bottom