this hobby is killing me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
well i'm actually going to buy a 55 gallon and stand at wally world, I'm beginning to remmeber why i hated this hobby years ago, its to hard to pick out and make up my mind on what i want the tank to look like, what fish to get, what kind of filter system i want, etc. i know one thing i'm defintly getting two clown loaches

That's the fun parts IMO. Choosing stock, plants ornaments. I love it all LOL. Perhaps that is why I suffer from MTS.

I'm beginning to remmeber why i hated this hobby years ago, its to hard to pick out and make up my mind on what i want the tank to look like, what fish to get, what kind of filter system i want, etc.

Try again buddy...reverse psychology doesn't work here. You have MTS and you may as well admit it, join the group and enjoy the addiction. :D

Hey, join the rest of us in finding a cure for MTS. I've only found 1 cure so far, and that's buying 1 more tank. But, it's only temporary, LOL.

one more tank.. then only one more.. then just one more.... and on and on and on.

it all started with a single betta......I now have 1 2g holding a betta, 1 5g holding the one that started it all, 1 10g in the bedroom filled with guppies, 1 10g holding 9 mollies and 17 fry in a breeding box, and a 55g holding clown loaches, neon tetras, black neon tetras, harlequin rasboras, mickey mouse platies, red wag platies, dwarf platies, ottos, silver hatchetfish, lemon tetras, zebra danios, and some ghost shrimp. A second 55g is coming soon to move the loaches into, and add a pair of angels and a school of cories

Jchillin said:
You have MTS and you may as well admit it, join the group and enjoy the addiction. :D

Most people go to AA to fight addictions. It's ironic that we go to AA to encourage addictions.

rich311k said:
My 29 is barely cycled and I am planning the next one already. :)

Started my 75G planted and was already starting the planning for my 300G. :)

300G - Haunted castle setup on the right, heavily planted on the left, and going to a hairgrass field in the middle with a couple large rocks strategically placed, with anubias and java fern.

What I like about the 300G is it's not as deep, and wider from front to back, which is better for lighting as well.

rich311k said:
My 29 is barely cycled and I am planning the next one already. :)

I am moving and have 10 tanks to move and still think I could get rid of the kitchen table to get a 90 gal before the move. 8O Superhuman willpower is the only thing stopping me. That and it will take several days to move all these tanks. The smaller ones not so much but the ones over 30 gals are going to be a pain.

Hi, my names is _____________ and I'm addicted to fish keeping...

Yep, that's histerical!!! I wish I could remember where I posted a rant I did once about pouring money into my fish tank. Oh well.

Dude, I drool over the fish tanks I want (and will most likly never have) all the time. It's half the fun. I get depressed when I'm done building up a new fish tank and have nothing to do afterwards....

And I know you're all the same way. And on that I will take a small bow as I have no ending for this.

tropicfishman, I do hear you though...there's such an array of tanks, hoods, filters, lights, decorations, live plant possibilities, fish...it can get overwhelming but take it slow. I have been planning a new tank for three months now. I won't buy anything until I know exactly what fish I'm getting and which plants I can transfer over from my other tanks, make a decision on lighting, etc, etc. Just let it be fun and don't put pressure on yourself to put it together too quickly!

Lonewolfblue, how do you plan to acquire a haunted castle? :p Then again, that could be a good thing...I'm sure algae does not flourish in a haunted tank! :p

i have to admit i have mts to. i always want to get new tanks all the time im going to get another huge tank sometime this year. the tank im planning rite now took me about 3 weeks to plan and i just want to keep getting more and more. THERE IS NO END TO THIS MADDNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hashbaz said:
Jchillin said:
You have MTS and you may as well admit it, join the group and enjoy the addiction. :D

Most people go to AA to fight addictions. It's ironic that we go to AA to encourage addictions.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

i'm about to go to chicago for the shedd aquarium in about a month. i have a feeling that i'll be wishing for a saltwater setup after i go there!

well I can say this, I do have mts pretty bad, I had enough money for a 175 gallon with stand and canopy but my dad won't let me have it because he says it will flood the house if it ever breaks lol but i have found a somewhat more extragent way to cure mts, i just turn around and add another tattoo to the collection, entire upper body except my head is sone already,q just gotta finish the lower part lol

It's a never ending battle!

1 betta has quickly multipled to 10 bettas. Have 6 2-10gal tanks at the moment & plan to upgrade the 10 to a 20gal long when I move. Will also probably get my 30gal high out of the shed for an SA biotype tank.

Fueling the fire is my long-time love interest who wants to turn the basement into a fish room. We have several 55gal+ tanks in our future :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom