Thoughts on an idea.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilmo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey folks
I've came u with an idea for my plant box for my fluval chi.
The idea is to make into a very mini zen garden. And was wondering wat people think of the idea.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

I think it's a great idea, because I'm going to do it too. Well as soon as I can convince my GF to upgrade her 1 gal beta tank to a 5 gal and add some guppies (or whatever) :). The cool thing would be a kind of a bonsi type planted tank, with maybe 1 small fish (?).

I was think the same but ma lights are crap. And it's a small area to work with it's like 5x5 cm. Lol

wilmo said:
I was think the same but ma lights are crap. And it's a small area to work with it's like 5x5 cm. Lol

Lights can be upgraded (DIY) which what I'd have to do to this little tank. But like a nano reef it would be a unique project.

Mr. Limpet said:
Lights can be upgraded (DIY) which what I'd have to do to this little tank. But like a nano reef it would be a unique project.

Yeh I agree. Just waiting on silicon to dry on my centre piece for ma plant box. Stuck 3 pebbles together. Lol. And I need to soak my Japanese arch that I made. Planing on buying plant next week at some point. Then some fish next month I think.

wilmo said:
Yeh I agree. Just waiting on silicon to dry on my centre piece for ma plant box. Stuck 3 pebbles together. Lol. And I need to soak my Japanese arch that I made. Planing on buying plant next week at some point. Then some fish next month I think.

Sounds like it'll look pretty cool. Pics please so I can steal some ideas :D.

Lots of reefers have done DIY LEDs in those tanks... that would probably be the best bet. Good luck!

Thanks fort. I just hope the arch does end up floating. If it does al stick it to some pebbles lol.

Attachments

• image-2528156278.jpg
    image-2528156278.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom