Thoughts Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devon Greatwolf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Please look at the following and let me know your thoughts. Full tank descriptions follow at bottom and on my profile. Thanks in advance for your time and attention to this post.

55A: If I re-house the keyholes and albino Cories, how many more if any rainbows could I keep? My 'bows breed like rabbits and to date I have not tried to maintain the fry and have only 1 to show for all their work. The little one apparently hitched a ride into 20A with some hornwort, and is currently housed in 30B; I was worried he was too small to be put with the other 'bows.

55B: How many if any more Giant danios?

30B: More Rummy Nose?

20B: Any suggestions for tank mates with a moody semi-aggressive Opaline Gourami?

20E: Really wanted some Shellies for this tank (that’s what I had in mind when setting up) but found the mated pair of Daffodil Cichlids (and Shellies are hard to find in my area) and could not resist. My LFS owner said I could add 10 Multies to the tank but have had many people so that is not a good idea. I am open to suggestions for tank mates.

Existing Tanks Setups:

* 55 gallon A: 3 Bosemani Rainbows (M/2F); 3 Turquoise Rainbows (M/2F); 3 Yellow Rainbows (M/2F); 2 Male Keyholes (Lefty and Dead-Eye); 3 Panda Cories; 1 7" Red Finned Rainbow Shark (Killer); 2 green wendtii; 1 red wendtii; 4 Java Fern; 2 anubias hastifolia; 1 round leaf anubias; 1 water onion; 1 5” Japanese Moss ball; large bunch of hornwort. Whisper 30-60 filter with secondary filtration from Hagen AquaClear rated at half tank size running dual sponges and Hagen BioMax.

* 55 gallon B: Large Jack Dempsey; 6 Giant Danios; large pleco (app 14”); extra large java fern; bunch of hornwort; and various large rocks stacked to form caves. Dual Whisper 30-60 filters.

* 30 Gallon A: 3 typical Tiger Barbs; 3 Green Tiger Barbs; 2 Platinum Green Tiger Barbs; 1 Albino Tiger Barb; 2 Albino Cories (Toot and Blow); 1 Amazon Sword; 2 Java Fern; 1 “Lace” Java Fern; “good-sized” clump of hornwort. Whisper 30 filter.

* 30 Gallon B (84dF): 3 juvenile German Blue Rams (M/2FM); 5 Rummy Nose Tetras; 1 Neon Tetra; 1 juvenile Rainbow (possible Bosemani/Turquoise hybrid); 1 broad leaf anubias and 2 narrow leaf anubias (were labeled as mixed anubias at LFS); 3 Java Ferns; app. 15-20 small assorted crypts; 1 3.5” Japanese Moss ball. Whisper 30 filter.

*20 gallon A: 1 Male Betta (Blue with red highlights); 7 Rasbora Hets; 2 Java ferns; 1 small crypt; clump of hornwort; Filter = Whisper 40i.

*20 gallon B: 1 5" Opaline Gourami (MS. Blue); 1 java fern; Filter = Whisper 40i.

*20 gallon C QT: Filter = Whisper 20i and homemade sponge filter.

*20 gallon D QT: Filter = Whisper 20i and homemade sponge filter.

*20 gallon E: Pair of Neolamprogus Pulcher (Daffodil); 2 “Lace” Java ferns; 2 sword-like plants; 5 Anubias Nana; crushed coral and aragonite mix substrate. Whisper 30 filter.

* Except where noted, Temps are kept stable at an "average" based on fish preference, app. 74-77 dF.

* All tanks (except QT’s and Tanganyika tank) have Spectra Stone Substrate (4 parts almond color standard grain to 1 part fine grain black). All tanks "realistically" planted with artificial plants, with many slate caves, large driftwood displays, and scattered "polished river" stones/granite pebbles.

* Additional 20-gallon and 30 gallon tanks (1 ea.) waiting for me to finish a stands.

* If you want to know more, just ask!

As always, your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated and welcomed.

May peace be with you always.

(Attention Moderator(s): If this post should be located elsewhere, please let me know or relocate as needed. Thank you for the continued effort in maintaining this excellent forum!!)

I think you have a lot of fish tanks.

Yeah but if only I can get a few more then you will see. You will see my army of super fishes take over the world... LOL

A friend of mines daughter (who is 14) once asked "Why do like have like a 100 fish tanks n' stuff?" I replied that "I like wanted to have like a hundred and one n' junk and was almost like there dude."

Back
Top Bottom