Threadfin angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scouser

Aquarium Advice Addict
After looking at dozens of angels in pets stores around me I have yet to see one that looks like mine.

So I hopped online and did a quick search and found out that I may have a "Threadfin" angel?

Is this a rare genetic morph or is it something that's so common nobody bothers to call em that?

This is actually very uncommon in angel fish(In the wild). You will not stumble on these very often, depending on the location. There are people that breed these fish, but these are not as common as regular angel fish, or any other variant.

This is actually very uncommon in angel fish(In the wild). You will not stumble on these very often, depending on the location. There are people that breed these fish, but these are not as common as regular angel fish, or any other variant.

Well the store I got it from said it was brought it with another angel, possibly a breeding pair?

But they sold the other a few hours before I arrived, they tried to contact the buyer ( i would've paid extra for a breeding pair!) to no avail :(

Well the store I got it from said it was brought it with another angel, possibly a breeding pair?

But they sold the other a few hours before I arrived, they tried to contact the buyer ( i would've paid extra for a breeding pair!) to no avail :(
It might not have been his/her breeding mate. If you're trying to breed these fish, you could always try to find another breeding mate and see how it is gonna go. If not, I would be interested in knowing what are your goal's, precisely.

It might not have been his/her breeding mate. If you're trying to breed these fish, you could always try to find another breeding mate and see how it is gonna go. If not, I would be interested in knowing what are your goal's, precisely.

Hmmm I could seek out a breeding partner, but I've heard that the selection process is kinda hit and miss, and there could be a possibility of fighting too :S

Once I get my larger tank this summer (75gal min) ill select a handful of suitors and see how things go!

Hmmm I could seek out a breeding partner, but I've heard that the selection process is kinda hit and miss, and there could be a possibility of fighting too :S

Once I get my larger tank this summer (75gal min) ill select a handful of suitors and see how things go!
Good Luck and keep us aware!:D

This appears to be a genetic flaw as it is also missing it's feelers (ventral fins).

Back
Top Bottom