Tiger barb help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bowhunterking

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 6 tiger barbs total ( of different varieties). I noticed lately that one of them doesn't look very good. He is looking extremely skinny, pale and in never with the group. They are in a 29 gal tank with some other verities of fish. All of which are healthy. My permitters are all good. The only issue is I am currently treating my tank for ich so the temp is set high. I'm thinking that the barb may be the low man on the totem pole in the group, although I haven't seen them picking on him.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm thinking mab adding a new barb may help from what I have read.
Thanks

Try isolating in a different tank for a couple days. I had a tiger barb like that, turns out he had somehow not been getting anything to eat. I isolated him, and fed him meaty foods until he got better. When you move him back to original tank, watch out for bullying and make sure he gets food to eat.

This can happen with barbs, they will form groups and sometimes the weak link will die off. Or it could be from the ich. I would let nature run its course unless you have a quarantine tank. In that case, then obviously QT it and try to get it healthy and reintroduce it.

I put into. A isolation tank 2day I think it's him just being the low man. I'm gunna keep him there untill he's back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom