Tiger barb tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishandmusic81

Aquarium Advice FINatic
30 gallon tank school of 8 tiger barbs any tank mates? I know their won't be much but I'm looking at a Cory or something I know other fish will just get nipped

+1 on the bristlenose. My bristlenose is my favorite fish. (don't tell the others) You could also go with khuli loaches maybe?

I've kept glass barbs with tigers. All was good, but add the other fish first so they can establish territories. And +1 for bnp.

Since you have a nice Shoal or Tiger Barbs there, that alone will reduce aggression and Fin Nip. I currently have Bolivian Rams (4) Bloodfin Tetras (5) Rosy Danios (3) and Oto Catfish (2)
in a 35 gallon With no issues. Just have plenty of Hiding spots...Rocks and Thick Plants...

IME the bigger the tiger barb school the less aggressive to non tigers they are. Cities should be ok. Just make sure your setup is good for them. I don't know much about them.

Alright awesome thanks everyone
Only thing about the Pleco is the bioload how bad is it? The last Pleco I've had pooped none stop lol
And oh yeah tetras I've heard serphae tetras do well
And definitely otos love those guys lol

I have a featherfin catfish and Odessa barbs with mine. However, your tank (as well as mine) are a bit on the small side for a featherfin.

Rutrag said:
I have a featherfin catfish and Odessa barbs with mine. However, your tank (as well as mine) are a bit on the small side for a featherfin.

It looks awesome!
But yeah I wouldn't wanna relocate it although I'm looking on craiglist every now and then for a deal on a 50 plus tank
But the thing with catfish and plecos are their bioload

It looks awesome!
But yeah I wouldn't wanna relocate it although I'm looking on craiglist every now and then for a deal on a 50 plus tank
But the thing with catfish and plecos are their bioload

A BN pleco only gets about 4inches. His bioload wont hurt much, lol

Back
Top Bottom