tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah5775

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a five gallon tank with some tetras that I am moving to my bigger tank, and I recently bought a ten gallon tank. I plan to transfer all the gravel and tank ornaments, as well as the filter to the ten gallon (I'll be running two filters in the new ten gallon) and the lfs said this would cycle the new tank.

I really want to go with something different. I would like tiger barbs. How many can I fit in a ten gallon tank? I would like to to a tiger barb only tank, no other fish, as I've heard that they don't get along with much except sharks and my tank is too small. I'm thinking about 4-5?

From what I have read about tiger barbs, they should be kept in schools of 6 and since they can get up to 3" in length 6 would be too many in a 10g tank, but that is just my honest opinion. I have never owned them so I am not 100% sure on this, it's just what I have read in the past.

From what I have read about tiger barbs, they should be kept in schools of 6 and since they can get up to 3" in length 6 would be too many in a 10g tank, but that is just my honest opinion. I have never owned them so I am not 100% sure on this, it's just what I have read in the past.

New2Betas is abolutely correct. A ten is much too small for a school ot Tigers. If you want something different I suggest some Sparkling Gouramis.

Back
Top Bottom