Tiger Barbs & Bolivian Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaloric7

Aquarium Advice Regular
Are Tiger Barbs and Bolivian Rams compatible? I have a 36-gallon tank.

:thanks:

I think if you have the right amount of space and tiger barbs it could work, unless you're getting angel rams which have long fins.

These rams have relatively short fins and hang out at the bottom of the tank.

:)

Which are the best combo of colorful for my wife and hardy for a new tank owner?

Which are the best combo of colorful for my wife and hardy for a new tank owner?

If you want color why don't you get cardinal tetras or something along those lines?

If you want to stick with barbs, Odessas are one of the brightest colored small barbs. Make sure you get quality though. You don't want dim, faded colors.

As long as the tigers are in a big school, have plenty of room to swim and the tank has lots of caves and plants on the bottom I see no reason why tigers would not work.
Yes they can be nippy but Bolivians don't have long flowing fins that tigers are most attracted to like angels. Tigers get a bad rep because some people keep them in with fish that have long fins, too small of tank or not enough in the school. They're fairly peaceful when kept in proper conditions and their tank mates are chosen wisely.

Biggest thing about tigers is to keep them fed. When I dial back feeding for one reason or another they always get more rowdy.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldn't keep anything high risk in a 36 with tiger barbs. They're very active in my tank, all over the tank.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Have tiger barbs and blue rams in a 75 gallons with zero problems. The rams sometimes try to school with the tigers

I have tigers and blue rams together and I don't see any bad behavior between the too except who gets to the food first. I also see my blue ram try to school with my tigers I thought it was only mine ha.

Back
Top Bottom