Tiger barbs attack guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celeste

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My now ex hubby has 5 tiger bards that of course he left with me when he moved out. Well tonight i noticed all of them were following a guppy. I thought it was one of the pregnant ones and they were just eating the babies. When i got a closer look it turned out to be my male and his back tail is pretty much gone. What should i do? I moved him in to the hospital tank. Is there any hope for him?

Add melafix to the water and if the damage is not to bad he should heal up nicely. Do frequent water changes to keep the water clean. I wouldn't put him back with the barbs so you will need to find him a new home when he heals up.

Add some melafix to the QT tank and keep an eye on him. He should be fine if the water parameters stay good.

I think i just might move the barbs to a tank of their own. Since i have other guppies. What size tank would they need? Is my guppy in pain?

Tiger Barbs are pretty aggresive.. it is better to have either the barbs or the guppies moved to another tank. If you want to keep barbs with guppies.. get cherry barbs instead. they are more peaceful.

keeping yr guppy in the QT should be fine, they will grow back the tail but that will take a long time. :D

they are tiger barbs, you can add more barbs and see if that helps any, other than that you could give the fish morep laces to call thier own

Back
Top Bottom