tiger oscar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allaboutfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
so my stepdad wants an oscar what size tank do we need we were thinking a 55, but i've heard different things some say 55 is good for one some say 75 and some say 125 trying to find out which one or if there are any oscars that can go in a 55. so after this there will be 4 tank at my house 2 10's with bettas 1 29 with a turtle and 1 55 cichlid tank :)

A 55g would be the bare minimum for one, but a 75g would be alot more comfortable. They also share the same footprint with the 75g being 6" deeper, so that's a no brainer IMO. For two oscars a 125g would be the bare bones choice. Either way your going to have to perform 50% weekly water changes minimum with each set up.

what could i put in it in a 55 or 60 (i think im getting the 60) could i do an angelfish and a bulldog pleco that gets 10 inches

If you want to squeeze an oscar in a 55, I wouldn't put anything else in it.

In a 55g he would have to be alone, a single full size Oscar can foul the water very quickly by itself. If you went with a 75g you could add a small bristlenose for clean up by that would be it.

could i do a parrot cichlid a convict 3 pictus cats and a bristlenose (what my stepdad wants is a cichlid that will eat feeder fish)

Back
Top Bottom