Tiger Peckoltia (L002)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper26

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone have any experience with these?

I wanna add one to my 20 long with 10 neon tetras and 2 Bolivian Rams.

Thanks!

From what I've been reading a large portion of their diet is wood, but they also eat some algae and wafers. They appear to relatively hardy, and only max out at around 4 inches. They're peaceful so they should work well I hope.

I'm gonna keep researching, however there isn't a lot of info out on the web.

Also I'm not getting this as an algae eater, I want him to be kind of a centerpiece fish with my Bolivian Rams :)

Not much point in getting a pleco for a centerpiece, particularly a small Peckoltia. They're pretty much invisible given a proper setup with suitable cover, and produce quite a lot of sawdust poop. How good is your filtration?

I have one in a 125g he's about 6inches and loves wood... So much he never ...ever comes out of a hollow piece of driftwood.

Of course it comes out, just never when the lights are on and anyone is watching. Most pleco's are nocturnal, too many things in the world like to eat small fish.

It's heavily planted, with some dw. But I was hoping with the color pattern I'd be able to see him since it's a smaller tank. I have a biowheel 350.

Back
Top Bottom