tight schooling fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid Kid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was pondering the idea of setting up a 55gal. S.American biotype tank. If i do i want a really tight schooling fish. Im not concerned with a centerpiece fish and I'm not greatly familiar with exactly how neons,cardinals and others school. Can anyone offer their opinions or experiences?

I was pondering the idea of setting up a 55gal. S.American biotype tank. If i do i want a really tight schooling fish. Im not concerned with a centerpiece fish and I'm not greatly familiar with exactly how neons,cardinals and others school. Can anyone offer their opinions or experiences?

I think Roseline sharks are great, colorful, and very active. Neons stay in tight formation, too.

Neons will shoal, usually keeping to the bottom of the tank and loosely wandering around together, as will black neons and cardinals from what I've seen. Tiger barbs school tighter, and I'm sure there are many more types that do.

Hmm. Never gave tiger barbs a thought. I know I'm gonna do a nice size school of a smaller cory. (Not sure which one yet)
If i did a school of t.barbs would they let my corys alone? I've heard they could be quite the fin nippers. Would they keep it to themselves in a large school?

Cichlid Kid said:
Hmm. Never gave tiger barbs a thought. I know I'm gonna do a nice size school of a smaller cory. (Not sure which one yet)
If i did a school of t.barbs would they let my corys alone? I've heard they could be quite the fin nippers. Would they keep it to themselves in a large school?

I don't think you'd have to worry too much cuz they usually like to go for the big flashy fins. At least in my experience with them.

Back
Top Bottom